RSS

Merry Christmas . Please enjoy your visit and spread the Christmas spirit.

November 2 ~ Think outside the box

My Mom just loved Christmas....  She had some wonderful traditions that have carried over in the family, but this one never caught on.  It was a bit strange, and actually pretty funny, so I'm surprised that I never used the idea.  You may or may not be old enough to remember this, but many years ago when you bought something that needed to be in a box to give it as a gift the store actually gave you the box...for free.  Shopping bags were also free back then.  When stores began charging for boxes and bags my Mother had her own little revolution.  She began "saving" all of the boxes that she could think of... cereal boxes, cake mix boxes, cold medicine boxes, candy boxes, shoe boxes, you name it..she saved it.  At Christmas she used these boxes to "wrap" all of the Christmas gifts under the tree.  It looked like a grocery store delivery gone awry... A bit unusual, but I thought I'd share this fun and funky idea. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment