RSS

Merry Christmas . Please enjoy your visit and spread the Christmas spirit.

October 20 ~ Friendship Cake

One one of my other blogs about unusual holidays you'll learn that today is National Brandied Fruit day.  That reminded me of something I had learned about many years ago from my brothers girlfriend.  She made something called a Friendship Cake that started out with "brandied" fruit.  I never really saved the recipe she gave me so I had to do a search for it.  I found several sites with the recipe and all of them are very similar. The basic idea here is that you make a "starter" using fruits that you ferment.  Once you have the starter done, you can share it with a friend so they can make their own and then share their starter with another friend and so on and so on.
I particularly liked the recipe by Kitchen Koala as she also supplied pictures of the starter.

0 comments:

Post a Comment