RSS

Merry Christmas . Please enjoy your visit and spread the Christmas spirit.

The old fashioned Christmas Club October 2

I remember when almost everyone had a "Christmas Club" account at the bank.  You don't hear much about them anymore.  I suppose it might have to do with the economy, or the increase in credit card use.  I've actually begun to contribute to a medical flex spending plan at work.  I save up my medical expense receipts and turn them in when it gets close to the holiday and I want to start my shopping.  It's a good idea, but I admit it doesn't always work because some emergency will come up before that and I need a little extra cash.  But, if you don't spread your Christmas shopping out throughout the year, some kind of a Christmas club is a good idea.  You might also want to encourage your children to become savers, and the idea that they will be saving for an event might make it a little easier to get them started.  Find a fun piggy bank that represents what they are saving for as a reminder to them.

0 comments:

Post a Comment